He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”
… He will cover [me] with his pinions,
and under his wings [I] will find refuge;
his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.
… For he will command his angels concerning [me]
to guard [me] in all [my] ways.
…“Because [you] hold fast to me in love, I will deliver [you];
I will protect [you], because [you] know my name.
When [you] call to me, I will answer [you];
I will be with [you] in trouble;
I will rescue [you] and honor [you].
With long life I will satisfy [you]
and show [you] my salvation.” Psalm 91: 1-2, 4, 11, 14-16
I edited parts of Psalm 91 so that I speak to God in verses 1-2, 4, and 11. And He responds in verses 14-16.
I love and NEED all of these truths:
- He will cover me in His shelter and under His shadow (what peace and intimacy!)
- He provides me with refuge and a fortress – I can trust His defense
- He will carry and safeguard me like an eagle
- His faithfulness will surround me – like a belt
- He will command His angels to guard me
- He will deliver me and protect me
- He will answer when I call
- He will be with me in trouble
- He will rescue and honor me
- He will give me long life and show me my salvation
Most of these verses talk about God protecting me. Even though I don’t have any impending catastrophes or enemies breathing down my neck, I feel I need Him to protect me, take care of me, provide a refuge.
He is faithful to do so. And He’ll answer when I call. I think I’ll go do some praying now!
Dear Lord: Thank you that I can abide in the Shadow of the Almighty. Because You made that possible by giving up Your protection on the Cross. Help me to find safety in You tonight as I pray. Amen.